How to spend 5 days holiday in Barcelona
5 days is an ideal amount of time to spend on a holiday in Barcelona and below we look at a sample of how to spend thos days in Barcelona, Spain.
1. Spend your first day sightseeing around Barcelona. Start at the Plaza de Catalunya, which is the city centre, and then make your way through the Gothic Quarter, Poble Espanyol, Paseo de Gracia and finally to the La Sagrada Familia. In the early evening, you can visit the Picasso Museum and the Cathedral Santa Maria del Mar.
2. On the second day, plan for a day long sailing trip along the Catalan coast. Boats can be hired at the Port Olimpic, and you can also get information on the various trips that you can take from Barcelona.
3. The third day can be spent visiting the nearby Sitges. On your way to this region, you will be able to stop at the various vineyards en route where you can sample Spanish cava or sparkling wine. On your way back, visit the Benedictine Monastery in Montserrat, which contains the Royal Basilica dedicated to the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia.
4. Since the beaches of Barcelona are very famous, plan to spend your fourth day on one or more of the seven beaches in the city. There are numerous activities that tourists to Barcelona’s beaches can enjoy here such as sun bathing, beach sports and water sports.
5. On your final day in Barcelona, spend the day shopping for souvenirs, and browsing through the many designer stores at the famous shopping stretch from Las Ramblas to Passeig de Gracia via the Plaza de Catalunya.